RYA first aid training
This one-day course, recommended by the RYA, MCA and HSE, is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid.
It fulfils the requirements for:
- Professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven.
- Anyone wanting to be a dinghy/keelboat or powerboat instructor.
The subjects specific to boating include:
- Perform CPR to current protocols, and understand the differential for drowning
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and the need to modify it for a small space
- Apply direct pressure to a wound to control bleeding
- Understand the term shock, recognise and treat it, with particular reference to internal and external bleeding
- Understand the treatment for cold shock and hypothermia following immersion and/or exposure
- Recognise the signs of a reduced level of response, with particular reference to serious head injuries
- Choose suitable first aid equipment for their boat
- Understand how to get medical advice or assistance by radio
- Understand how to prepare for the evacuation of a casualty by helicopter
|Advertised||£120 minimum 2 persons Books £10.39 each (£11)|
|1 on 1||£210|
|Group||2 -3 Persons £105 per person|
|3 -6 Persons £90 per person|