RYA Powerboat Level 2
Aim of the course
To learn boat handling and seamanship in powerboat
Why do the course?
The Powerboat Level 2 is often regarded as the driving licence of the sea.
Previous experience or knowledge
After the course, you will leave with a Powerboat Level 2 certificate (subject to passing the course) and a Course Handbook.
What will I learn?
Preparation for sea: safety equipment,navigation, VHF, GPS, warps, boat handling, MOB, your roll and responsibility as a skipper of a vessel.
Ability after the course?
Able to handle a powerboat in familiar waters by day
- Pre-start checks
- Close quarter manoeuvres
- Boat handling
- Rules IRPCS
- Basic navigation
- Basic pilotage
Ability after the course
- Aware of own limitations and those of craft
- Has the skills and knowledge needed for a competent powerboat driver
|Number of persons||1 person||2 persons||3 persons|
|Cost per person||£320||£265||£200|
I.C.C. International Certificate of Competence
With the Powerboat Level 2 you can gain your ICC. All you need is to do is click on the link, print and fill out the form then send it to the RYA.
For those looking to become involved on a commercial skipper the RYA Powerboat Level 2 can also be commercially endorsed so you can carry fare paying passengers.
- Essential Navigation and Seamanship - Online Course designed for the PBL2 or want to become an instructor.
- Intermediate; - Designed to be able to complete short Coastal Passages by Day (2-days)
- Advanced; - Designed to be able to do longer Passages both by day and Night.
- Day Skipper Shore Base - For skippers who would like to go further we recommend the G7 Navigation Exercises.
- Marine Radio VHF (SRC) Short Range course The Short-Range Certificate is the minimum qualification required by law