Our New Boat
- Make: Ribcraft 585
- Length: 5.85 Meters
- Engine: Honda 130hp Four Stroke
- Name: B-Lou 2
After much searching we belive we have got the boat best suited for our courses.
The reason we went for a RibCraft 585?
- The feedback we got from students was they realy enjoyed learning on a small boat.
- Being able to turn it around in a tight space the with the freedom and response you get from a small boat.
- This feedback came form all across our canadidates; mothers, daughters, dads, sons and grandparents.
- However, the RYA scheme is moving on and our Ribtc 4.6 was getting old and wasnít able to run the Advanced Scheme Sylabuses.
- The decision was made to not only replace the Ribtec but to replace her with an Advanced Boat which is a commercially coded to MCA/RYA standards.
- The hard bit keep it small enough that we donít loose the enjoyment and learning advantage we had from having a smaller boat.
- So after discusions with people in the indusrty and advice from the RYA Training Department the Ribcraft 585 was the chosen boat.
- Year Commissioned: 2004
- LOA: 5.85 m
- Beam: 2.40m
- Draft: 0.75 m
- Engine: 1 x Honda 130 ( 130 HP) Four Stroke Outboard
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 Gallons
- No of Persons: 4
- GPS: Garmin GPS 555 Colour
We wanted a boat with all the equipment and a good deck layout.
- Centre Console with side by side seating with Chart Plotter, VHF DSC Radio and Echo Sounder.
- All within easy reach and site of the students and / or instructor.
- Morse control in the centre of the consult for good communication with student
- Wind screen for keeping you dry and warm.
- Side by side Seating Better communication more comfort
- This is possibly most important part of the new industry coding and improved standard and nicer for those of us who are getting older.
- Extra Storage
- Clear foredeck for easy moving around
- Carrying of equipment safety equipment Life raft and auxiliary engine.
Deep V hull for a Smooth ride the well know Ribcraft Deep V hull is well regard in the industry as one of the best design of hulls.
Good for cutting though a rough sea but also giving a stable ride at speed on flat water.
A Frame with Lights
Stainless Steel Propeller
T.S.Training offers the following courses:
- Powerboat Level 1. 8-10 year olds (Junior scheme).
- Powerboat Level 2. Suitable for ages 12+ World renowned Course Often referred to as the driving Licence of the sea but also the corner stone to the whole of the syllabuses).
- Intermediate Course. A great course a good progression course (Sadly not enough run).
- Advanced Powerboat Course. I believe the best course the run driving a rib at night at high speed using all available navigation to find unmarked points.
- Super Yacht tender Course. A new course which has been developed through industry demands designed for the Superyacht industry.
We hope we have chosen the right boat for our customers and Candidates requirements and needs.